Featured Vacation RentalEscape to Ptarmigan Village
Rules and Regulations
RULES AND REGULATIONS for PTARMIGAN VILLAGE and PTARMIGAN OWNERS ASSOCIATION --Whitefish, Montana
These Rules and Regulations are applicable to guests of Ptarmigan Owners Association (POA) whether they are owners, guests of owners, renters, RCI guests, and the families of the aforementioned or any other visitor to Ptarmigan Village.
Those marked (*) are defined in the POA By-Laws; all others are within the authority of the POA Board of Directors.
1. All visitors to Ptarmigan Village, owners, renters, RCI guests, or otherwise must check in at the Ptarmigan Village Office at the beginning of their stay and check out at the end of their stay.
2. *The walkways, passages and stairways of the condominium buildings shall not be obstructed or used for any other purpose than entry to and exit from the units.
3. *No article shall be placed on any of the walkways, passages, stairways, or roofs of the condominium buildings, nor shall the same be obstructed in any manner.
4. *No walkway, passage, or stairway of the condominium buildings shall be decorated or furnished in any manner.
5. Unit owners shall keep their units and decks in a good state of preservation and cleanliness.
6. *No laundry, laundry lines, or other unsightly articles shall be placed on the decks, limited common areas or facilities. This also applies to lot owners, however, lot owners may utilize laundry lines for the purpose of drying laundry if they are completely screened so that adjoining property owners cannot see them.
7. No radio or television aerial shall be attached to or hung from the exterior of condominium buildings or single residence lots, including decks and patios.
8. No sign, notice, advertisement or illumination shall be inscribed or exposed on or at any window or other part of the building, unless otherwise provided in the By-Laws.
9. No unit or lot owner shall make or permit any disturbing noises in his/her unit or home or within the common areas and facilities, or do, or permit anything to be done, therein which will interfere with the rights and reasonable comfort and convenience of other owners.
10. *Water closets and other water apparatus in the common facilities, units and single residence homes shall not be used for any purpose other than those for which they were designed, nor shall any sweeping, rubbish, rags or any other article be thrown into the same. Any damage resulting from the misuse of any water closet or other apparatus shall be repaired and paid for by the party responsible for said damage.
11. *No unit or lot owner or any of their agents, servants, employees, licensees or visitors shall at any time bring into or keep in their unit or single residence home any flammable, combustible or explosive fluid, material, chemical or substance, except for normal household use.
12. *No garbage or trash will be left or disposed of on or adjacent to the property. All household garbage or trash must be placed in the trash receptacles provided.
13. *No occupant of the units or single residence homes shall utilize any employee or Director of Ptarmigan Owners Association for any private business.
14. *No vehicle shall be parked in such a manner as to impede or prevent ready movement by another vehicle, nor shall it be parked in any parking place assigned to another unit or lot.
15. The Board of Directors or the General Manager may, from time to time, curtail or relocate any space devoted to storage or service purposes in the condominium buildings or the buildings owned by POA.
16. Anyone using the waterfront beach area shall clean up the beach upon their departure and remove any trash or other articles for which they are responsible. Picnicking, charcoaling, and barbecuing will only be permitted in areas of the beach property to which the unit and lot owners have rights as designated by the Board of Directors.
17. The landing of any type of boat on the beach area to which the unit and lot owners have use rights shall be designated by the Board of Directors, this includes both mooring and taking such boats in and out of the water.
18. *The keeping of pets within Ptarmigan Village is strictly prohibited with the only exceptions being pets of unit or lot owners. These pets must be of the household type, and they must be on a leash at all times when not within their owners unit or private household. All fecal matter produced by these pets must be properly disposed of in one of the trash receptacles that are placed throughout the property.
19. All fishing at Elmer's Pond within Ptarmigan Village is catch and release only, except for individuals under 12 years of age.
20. All visitors to the Ptarmigan Village pools must be an owner, a registered guest, an employee or a visitor accompanied by one of the above.
21. All guests of POA when using the pool, hot tub, sauna and changing facilities must abide by the posted rules which are set forth by the State of Montana, Department of Health.
22. The forest and trail system within Ptarmigan Village are for pedestrian traffic only. No mechanized vehicles may be driven or ridden off of the named roads within Ptarmigan Village except for maintenance vehicles.
23. The firewood provided by POA for its guests' enjoyment is only to be used within the fireplaces or wood burning stoves of the units or private households. It is not intended to be used for heating purposes.
24. Two full time parking spaces shall be available for owners, visitors and second cars. Continuous parking of an undriven vehicle in one or more common area spaces for more than (14) consecutive days is prohibited unless prior arrangements have been made with the community manager and the Board of Directors. Vehicles in violation of this rule will be considered “stored” vehicles and the owner of the unit responsible for this vehicle will be subject to sanctions as imposed by the Board of Directors.